Hey Beaver Builders! I hope you’ve all had a great summer. We have a ton of exciting things to share with you so be sure to read the post all the way to the end.
This past weekend Billy, Robby, Justin, Brent, and I met up in California to talk about the upcoming Assistant Pro product launch. (I’ll touch more on this towards the end of this post.)
Beaver Builder Version 2.5 is LIVE!
This week we launched BB 2.5 and it’s available for you to download on your “My Accounts” page. The auto-updates will be following shortly in a week or two.
New & Major Updates
- Add Outline Panel to easily see the structure of your page and move things around
- Add Duplicate option for BB posts in the WP Admin
- Premium Templates added – 2 new Landing page templates and several content page templates. Some older templates were also removed.
- In WP Admin list for for saved elements, show shortcode and add click to copy to clipboard
- Icon Picker: various enhancements including live search, recently used icons section and compatibility with FontAwesome plugin
- Menu Module: Add responsive dropdown styles and default menu items when no menus exist on the site
- Menu Module: Now has styling options for sub-menu link colors and the responsive toggle, also new option to have a logo in the center of the menu, new option to add search to the menu, and add support for showing WooCommerce cart contents in the menu
- Pricing Table Module: Add toggle for monthly/yearly pricing, add the ability to add icons for each feature, add Typography options, and add option to display a ribbon
- Subscribe Module: Add filter for users to add their own service
1. Outline Panel
One of the most anticipated features for this release is the Outline Panel. This will easily allow you to see the structure of your page and move things around.
You will see an Outline icon in the top bar of the Beaver Builder editor, when you click on this, you can view and modify the structure of your page layout in an outline format:
We have a video below (Please watch starting at 34 seconds as 2.5 is no longer in Beta) that provides a great explanation of how this can help improve your productivity when building websites.
2. New Layout Templates Added
Shout out to Paul Lacey for designing templates that not only look great but are highly functional for you to use.
There are two new layout templates and several new content templates. Here’s a thumbnail snapshot of the two new layout templates in the Landing pages group:
And here’s a thumbnail snapshot of the eight new layout templates in the Content pages group.
3. Duplicate Page or Post
Another great feature that we added was the ability for you to easily duplicate pages and posts.
You can also watch this video to learn how it works.
At the beginning of the year, we put job postings for a Video and Content Marketer. We were overwhelmed with some amazing applicants. It was a hard decision but we were able to narrow it down to our newest addition to the team Jennifer Franklin.
Jennifer has been with us for a couple of months and she has been working hard on video creation.
If you haven’t already please subscribe and support our YouTube channel.
We have been focused on creating video tutorials that answer common questions from our Knowledge Base site.
Be sure to check out the videos so you can learn about all the great things you can do with Beaver Builder.
If there is specific video content that you would like us to focus on please let us know in the comments section below.
Exciting News! Assistant Pro is now available for you. Learn more about our new product and get started for free.
We’re all very excited about Assistant Pro. We believe it’s going to revolutionize the way you manage client projects and build websites. We’ve had great feedback from our users and can’t wait for you to try it.
If you’re curious how Assistant Pro works be sure to watch the video below all the way to the end.
If you prefer to watch a video about it, you can check out this one below.
You can check out the full article here: https://www.cloudways.com/blog/beaver-builder-wordpress-plugin-review/
David Waumsley has also been a great ambassador for the Beaver Builder community by helping create video tutorials and content around speed performance and tests.
To see all the speed tests and results visit: https://performance.beaverjunction.com/
Last but not least, in my last post about our website redesign people were asking if they could have access to our Branding Guide.
It didn’t occur to me at the time to share it in the post so here it is =)
Brent did a really great job outlining our brand style in this document. It has proven to be very useful when creating consistency with our social media graphics, website design, blog posts images, etc.
As you can see we have been busy Beavers over here and there is so much more that we’re working on behind the scenes that we are yet to reveal.
You can feel confident in our products as we’re always looking for ways to make using them more enjoyable and helping you grow your business.
Working collaboratively can be an inspiring process. However, it’s easy to become unproductive, waiting around for emails and transferring lots…
Modern tools mean that it’s never been easier to create beautiful media, color palettes, templates, and other resources for your…
File-sharing can be frustrating within a website design team. Content may quickly become disorganized and confusing, which can get in…